Access to this Website
Welcome to our website. In accessing and using this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the following terms and policies.If you do not agree, you should not use this website.
Pelicans Albany is not responsible for any error or omission on this website and reserves the right to make changes without notice. Pelicans Albany does not guarantee that this website or third party websites will be free from viruses, or that access to this website or third party websites will be uninterrupted.
This website may contain links to other websites which are not under our control or which are not maintained by us. The links to any such third party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. If you access these websites you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for the content of those websites and will not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use or your reliance on any such content. The fact that a website is linked to this website does not imply any endorsement or sponsorship by us of that website or that we are affiliated in any way with the third party operating that third party website.
All contents of this website, including the design, text and graphics are owned by or licensed to us and are protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and other countries. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of personal use, private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under copyright legislation, you may not reproduce, transmit, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish or otherwise use any of the material on this website without our prior written consent.
This website includes trademarks which are registered, are the subject of pending applications, or which are otherwise protected by law. You may not use these trademarks without our consent.
Terms & Conditions
1. The Terms and Conditions begin when you enter into an agreement with Pelicans Albany to provide you with accommodation, and continue for the duration of that agreement.
2. A deposit to the value of one nights accommodation is required to reserve the accommodation for you. This deposit is not refundable if you cancel your booking.
3. The initial accommodation payment (up to 4 weeks) is due 14 days prior to occupancy or upon booking (whichever occurs first).
4. Cancellations within 3 weeks of the commencement date will be charged a cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week of accommodation or the total tariff (whichever is the least). This fee will be processed to your credit card.
5. We require your valid credit card number for security for the duration of your booking. If the credit card declines any transactions, a $75 administration fee will be added to your account on each occasion.
6. A 2.2% bank fee applies for VISA and MasterCard transactions. A 5% bank fee applies for AMEX and Diners transactions. These fees will be added to the transaction total and shown on your invoice.
7. You understand that the agreed rate is for a stay of a specified period. If you shorten your stay a higher tariff will apply and will be backdated to the date you checked in. Rates are published on our website.
8. There are no refunds. We highly recommend travel insurance.
9. Date changes and property moves will be treated as a new booking.
10. You agree to make all payments by the due date on the invoice received. Late payments will be charged a $30 administration fee. At 7 days arrears, the amount owed will be processed to your credit card with a $75 administration fee.
11. The property is being supplied on a rental basis and you need to make your own arrangements for insurance of your possessions, damage to contents and public liability insurance.
12. You understand and accept that sometimes we may need to re-allocate your booking to another property.
13. We will endeavour to provide you with 24 hours’ notice if we need to access the property.
14. You agree to give 2 weeks notice, or 2 weeks payment if leaving prior to your scheduled departure date.
15. All properties are non-smoking. If the property smells of smoke at the end of your stay we will keep it vacant to air it out and steam clean the carpets, lounges, mattresses and curtains. The costs for all of this will be processed to your credit card. The minimum fee starts at $500.
16. You agree to inform us of any damage or breakages that occur during your stay and to compensate us to repair the damage or replace the item/s. If we find damage or missing items after your departure we will process the rectification costs to your credit card plus a 50% administration fee on each item/issue.
17. If you leave the property unlocked, and items are stolen, vandalized or otherwise damaged, you agree to compensate us for the missing items and/or damage detailed in conditions 15 and 16.
18. Pelicans Albany do not guarantee that you will be able to extend your booking. We don’t want to disappoint you so please give us as much notice as possible if you would like to extend your stay.
20. Pelicans Albany accept no liability for any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur in securing replacement accommodation should the property become uninhabitable (e.g. natural disasters, floods, fire, structural damage or the cessation of our tenancy agreement with the owner of the property). We will always try to move you to another Unit first.
21. Pelicans Albany may cancel this agreement with 2 weeks’ notice to the occupant, no cancellation fee will be payable should this occur.
22. We may conduct an inspection of the property prior to your scheduled departure date, see condition 13.
23. You agree to vacate the property by 10am on your departure date. Charges of $25 per hour may apply for late departures, especially if our staff are kept waiting. This will be processed to your credit card.
24. You agree to leave the property as you found it. Soiled linen can be left on the bed and towels in the bathroom. A charge of $100 per incident will apply if we need to re-arrange furniture, wash dishes, clean ovens, replace or re-organise keys or if the property is left unreasonably unclean.
25. Unclaimed items left behind by guests are stored on site for a period of 12 weeks. If they remain unclaimed we then donate them to charity.
26. These Terms and conditions will be updated from time to time and are always published on our website, with any changes effective immediately. Please contact us to have a chat if you have any questions about any or all of the above outlined Terms and Conditions.
Pelicans Albany is committed to providing the highest level of service to our customers, including the protection of our customer’s privacy. Pelicans Albany does not sell or make available our customer’s information to any marketing agencies or third parties not associated with Pelicans Albany.
What kind of personal information do we hold?
The type of personal information collected and held by Pelicans Albany from its customers depends on the type of transaction that has been undertaken with us. For example, when making a reservation, only the information required to effect and confirm the reservation will be collected.
How do we collect your personal information?
Pelicans Albany collects personal information in a variety of ways including:
- When making a reservation with us online, by phone or in person.
- When making a reservation through a third party such as wotif.com.
So how do we use your personal information?
Our customer’s personal information may be used to:
- Provide the service that you require.
- Manage and administer your stay and all aspects associated with it, including billing.
- Conduct appropriate credit checks.
- Provide information on promotions and accommodation packages.
- Manage and develop our business systems including the testing and upgrading of these systems.
Who do we disclose our customer’s personal information to?
- Properties within the Pelicans Albany system.
- Your authorized representatives or legal advisers.
- Information technology service companies.
- Credit agencies to conduct credit checks when deemed necessary.
- Government and regulatory authorities / organizations, as required by law.
Secure Booking System – www.pelicansalbany.com
We take securing your credit card details and personal details seriously, using the very best in SSL technology to protect your information. We don’t transmit your credit card details over the Internet again once your booking is complete, and we don’t share them with anyone else.
Our Internet Site - www.pelicansalbany.com
This Web site does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse this Web site and request pages from our servers unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide it to us. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the Web site. When you request a page from our Web site, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP number, the time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the HTTP request header information in order to make our Web site function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on this Web site. We also use this information to better understand how visitors use our Web site and how we can better tune it, its contents, and functionality to meet your needs.
Pelicansalbany.com Internet Privacy Statement Changes
In the future, we may need to change this Statement. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
This statement was last updated on the 9th of August 2013.